I like this so try it ;d
I bolded the one's I've tried...etc etc..
1. New York pizza--I would say you can only count this if you've actually eaten it in New York!..went to New York eons ago and ate some..yumm
2. Hoppin' John--a must have EVERY new years day for luck, and greens for money...
3. New Mexico green chile...lived in New Mexico and mom loves them.
4. Homemade buttermilk biscuits...yup
5. Tasso..not even sure what this is..
6. Whole Maine lobster
7. Calabash-style shrimp and hushpuppies
8. Kansas City barbecue ribs--in KC, of course :)
9. Hot glazed Krispy Kreme--I do love Krispy Kreme's and when I see the hot now sign..well...
10. San Diego fish tacos
11. Cheese curds
12. Key lime pie (Florida!)...amazingly I'm not a fan of this..
13. Philly cheese steak
14. Memphis pork barbecue sandwich--obviously I've had a pork barbecue sandwich but not a "Memphis" one
15. Lowcountry boil --we tend to call this beaufort stew or frogmore stew here..
16. Huckleberry pie
17. New England clam chowder
18. Boiled peanuts--Yep..Yep...Yep..I love mine Cajun boiled.
19. Buffalo (Bison) burger
20. Eggs Benedict
21. Pastrami on rye
22. Corned beef and cabbage
23. Pancakes with maple syrup
24. Everything bagel with cream cheese and tomato..that's so not everything...
25. Thin Mints
26. Frito pie
27. Potato knish with mustard
28. Silver Queen corn on the cob - good chance I've tried it, but I'm not really up on my various corn varieties (this was the previous blogger's comment but I totally agree)..me three.
29. Soft pretzel from a street cart
30. Fresh-picked blueberries--Yum!
31. Sourwood honey
32. State fair funnel cake
33. Chesapeake crab cakes
34. Candied yams
35. Oyster dressing--this IS in TJOC though
36. Snow cone or snowball
37. Wild Alaskan salmon
38. Sautéed more
39. Persimmon pudding
40. General Tso's Chicken
41. Frozen custard
42. Italian sausage with peppers and onions on a hoagie bun
43. Chili dogs
44. Buffalo wings with blue cheese...I've had them with blue cheese but I prefer Ranch
45. Spam musubi --I should have eaten this in Japan! I certainly saw it
46. Saltwater taffy-yummm..they make some of the best here
47. Fluffernutter sandwich on Wonder Bread
48. Black and white cookie
50. BLT with thick-cut applewood bacon
51. Baked beans
52. Pumpkin pie
53. Collards with vinegar and Tabasco..another New Years day must have.
54. Tex-Mex fajitas with skirt steak and sautéed peppers
55. Fried green tomatoes
57. Shrimp and grits
58. Hot water cornbread--what is this?
59. Barbecue chicken pizza with red onions
60. Chicken fried steak
61. Carnitas burrito
62. Apple butter
64. Soft-serve ice cream cone dipped in chocolate shell
65. Pecan pie
66. Catfish supper at a church or fire station
67. Oysters Rockefeller
68. Homemade cranberry sauce
69. Pimento cheese
70. MoonPie washed down with R.C. Colaahh brings back memories
71. Pickled watermelon rind
72. Cracker Jacks at the ball game
73. Smithfield ham
74. Meatloaf and mashed potato blue plate special at diner
75. Chicken and waffles
76. Po'Boy with many napkins --in New Orleans
77. Green bean casserole with French's fried onions
78. Stuffed sopaipillas
80. Shad roe on toast
81. Sweet potato casserole with or without marshmallows
83. New York cheesecake
84. Pan-fried river trout
86. North Carolina pig pickin'
87. California rolls-
89. Penuche fudge
90. Fried peanut butter and banana sandwich
91. Scrapple or livermush
92. Elk medallions in red wine reduction
93. Muscadine grapes ..makes a great wine also ;0
94. Cheeseburger at backyard barbecue
95. Open-face turkey sandwich
96. Chicago deep dish pizza
97. Cobb salad--the least healthy "salad"
98. Peach pie a la mode
99. Macaroni and cheese
100. Root beer float